27.2.11

Swedish book shelf inventory

The emptiness of my book shelf says that I am new in this town/country. So the book shelf does not really function as a thing for putting the certain books that I have read would like to read or will never read. But then it is the question what do I need it for? I don't mind being it just empty as it was so I know that I can put there things that I don't need or things that I have the story to tell about. My book shelf is for exhibiting objects which have certain interrelations that I am connected with. The first thing on the second shelf from the left is the bottle of Swedish mineral water:
When you hold a new bottle of Ramlösa in your hand, it represents 70 years of work. 70 years is the time it takes for plain drops of water to seep through the earth's crust to the spring (The excerpt from the advertisement).
Next to the bottle I placed the book of the Swedish artists Goldin and Senneby "Headless" because I got the bottle during their work presentation in the posh business center in Stureplan. Then you can see the other plastic bottle of juice that is I think familiar to all Swedish people and this is the bottle that I spend all my last money for. The other thing is the tape that I bought because I needed to stick my name on the flat door as if I want to get the letters from my friends and family even in this internet era. The last thing on the shelf is the letter that was traveling one month it is a long time for the letter from Lithuania. Well that is why I needed the tape. The second shelf is for the hard bread package and the lamps that save the energy. Both packages have green and white colors and both things can save the world.
The next shelf is with the book of the routes and maps of Stockholm that my father gave me but the problem is I dont have the car though I like the idea that someday I could give it to someone.
Next to that very "useful" book is very useful newspaper "Sundbyberg" that I use for viewing the pictures and learning Swedish. And the last thing is my black shoes. When I came to Stockholm I noticed that almost all people here love wearing "Converse" shoes so I bought something similar but cheaper in "HM" store. It is my symbol of adopting the city.

1 comment:

  1. so sad to see this empty Billy. you better fill it up and post another picture of it here!

    ReplyDelete